Gajapati District has been named after Maharaja Sri Krushna Chandra Gajapati Narayan Deo, the Ex–Raja Sahib of Paralakhemundi estate (the 1st Prime Minister of Odisha State), who is remembered for his contribution in formation of a separate Odisha province and inclusion of Paralakhemundi estate in Odisha. It got a District status on 2nd October 1992 after bifurcated from Ganjam District. It was Parlakhemundi sub-division in Ganjam and yet it is only sub-division in Gajapati. There are 7 Tahasils, 7 Blocks, 1,534 Villages, 149 Gram Panchayats and 11 Police stations.
- Tender call notice for hiring a vehicle for official use of Additional District Magistrate,Gajapati
- ADDENDUM TO REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL RFP No.206/Elec.Dated.27.08.2021
- Tender call notice for hiring 2 nos vehicle for district excise office Gajapati
- Objections invited if any on the draft list of ineligible candidates applied for GRS posts – PD DRDA Gajapati
- Admission Notice and Institute Leaflet of Govt. Polytechnic, Gajapati