Gajapati District has been named after Maharaja Sri Krushna Chandra Gajapati Narayan Deo, the Ex–Raja Sahib of Paralakhemundi estate (the 1st Prime Minister of Odisha State), who is remembered for his contribution in formation of a separate Odisha province and inclusion of Paralakhemundi estate in Odisha. It got a District status on 2nd October 1992 after bifurcated from Ganjam District. It was Parlakhemundi sub-division in Ganjam and yet it is only sub-division in Gajapati. There are 7 Tahasils, 7 Blocks, 1,534 Villages, 149 Gram Panchayats and 11 Police stations.
- Expression of Interest from DRDA, Gajapati
- Objections invited if any on the draft list of ineligible candidates applied for GRS posts – PD DRDA Gajapati
- Recruitment notice from District Judge, Gajapati, Paralakhemundi
- Admission Notice and Institute Leaflet of Govt. Polytechnic, Gajapati
- Recruitment notice from District Employment Exchange, Gajapati