Gajapati District has been named after Maharaja Sri Krushna Chandra Gajapati Narayan Deo, the Ex–Raja Sahib of Paralakhemundi estate (the 1st Prime Minister of Odisha State), who is remembered for his contribution in formation of a separate Odisha province and inclusion of Paralakhemundi estate in Odisha. It got a District status on 2nd October 1992 after bifurcated from Ganjam District. It was Parlakhemundi sub-division in Ganjam and yet it is only sub-division in Gajapati. There are 7 Tahasils, 7 Blocks, 1,534 Villages, 149 Gram Panchayats and 11 Police stations.
- Expression of Interest for Agricultural Processing and Value Addition Units – WCD & Mission Shakti:Gajapati
- Walk-in-Interview : Engagement of ANM/Pharmacist/Staff Nurse/Laboratory Technician for Covid Care Home at GP level
- Shut down for 4 days from Thursday to Sunday every week in Gajapati District
- Provisional select list, Rejection list of candidates for the post of Tribal Language Teacher
- Lockdown in Gajapati District from 5.00 AM of 20.07.2020 until midnight of 31.07.2020 (jurisdictions as specified)