INFORMATION ON ANIMAL HUSBANDRY SECTOR OF GAJAPATI DISTRICT
NAME OF THE DISTRICT: GAJAPATI
NAME OF SUBDIVISION: PARALAKHEMUNDI
NO OF VETERINARY HOSPITAL: 1
No OF VETERINARY DISPENSARIES: 10
NO OF LIVESTOCK AID CENTRES: 52
The different schemes implemented in our district during 2017-18 are detailed below:
- National Programme for Bovine Breeding & Dairy Development:
- Under this programme the artificial Insemination of cows and she buffaloes is going on in all Veterinary Dispensaries of the district and in 30 LACs where VTs and LIs are posted
- Vaccination:(Livestock Health Care Service & Disease Control)
- Preventive Vaccination of the cattle and buffaloes is going on in the district against the diseases like HS, BQ, Anthrax, Theileria and Brucellosis.
- Preventive Vaccination of Sheep and Goats is also going on in the district against the diseases such as PPR, Enterotoxaemia, Goat Pox.
- Control programme on FMD: A special control programme to prevent Foot and Mouth disease in cattle, Buffalo, Sheep and Goat is being implemented in the district from 2016-17 and will be continue up to 2020-21 for five years.
- Preventive Vaccination of Poultry birds is also going on in the district against the diseases such as Rani Khet disease.
- Rastriya Krishi Vikash Yojna ( RKVY)
- Supplementation of Minaral Mixture to Dairy cows and Buffaloes: Under the scheme Mineral Mixture is supplied to the farmers at a subsidized rate of Rs24/- per Kg.
- CALF REARING SCHEME: A specific targeted calves of 4 to 6 month age are provided with insurance and feed at a subsidized rate.
- National Livestock Mission:
- Risk Management of cattle , buffalo, sheep & goat is implemented through Livestock Insurance.
- Perennial Fodder Cultivation in farmers field under NLM is going on in the district with subsidy assistance to the interested farmers.
- Hand driven Chaff cutter is also provided to the interested farmers in the district with a subsidized price.
- State Plan Schemes:
- Mobile Veterinary Unit (MVU) is functioning in all 7 Blocks of the district for organisation of Health Camps, Treatment and vaccination of the animals at the village level.
- Support to farmers for establishment of Small Ruminant (50+2) Sheep/Goat units.
- Lively hood support to the farmers affected due to drought and Pest in the district is implemented through Backyard Poultry.
- Lively hood support to the farmers affected due to drought and Pest in the district is implemented through Perennial Fodder cultivation in the affected villages. For cultivation of 0.5 Acre perennial fodder departmental support of Rs6000/- will be provided to the farmers.
|Sl No||Name of the post||Name of the person holding the post||Place||Contact No|
|1||ADVO (LP)CDVOGajapati||Dr.Bishnu Charan Sahoo||Paralakhemundi||9437128621|
|2||Deputy Director,Veterinary Hospital||Dr.Dinabandhu Mishra||Paralakhemundi||9437419210|
|3||Veterinary Assistant Surgeon||Dr.Ganesh Chandra Mohanty||Gurandi||9437611139|
|4||Block Veterinary Officer||DrPrasanta KumarSamal||Rayagada||8455096349|
|5||Block Veterinary Officer||Dr.B.Udaya Kumar||Nuagada||9439039540|
|6||Addl.VAS||Dr.Smruti Ranjan Routa||Nuagada||9937998087|
|7||Block Veterinary Officer||Dr.Gouri Sankar Prasad Satapathy||R.Udayagiri||9437209148|
|8||Veterinary Assistant Surgeon||Dr.Priyaranjan Behera||Ramagiri||8895718440|
|10||Veterinary AssistantSurgeon||Dr.Namasya Priyadarsini||Chandragiri||8895064139|
|11||Sub Assistant Fodder Development Officer O/O CDVO Gajapati||Sri Golok Bihari Bhoi||Paralakhemundi||8763775441|
|12||Junior Fodder Development Overseer O/O CDVO Gajapati||Sri.S.Vasudeva Rao||Paralakhemundi||9437215495|