Information sheet of Education Department, Gajapati District
In Gajapati District there are 07 Blocks and 07 nos of BEO office have been functioning. The details are mentioned below.
RMSA is a central sponsored scheme for Universalisation of Secondary Education i.e. Universalisation of access and improvement of quality with equity at secondary stage. It is a crucial step to provide to State Govt. to take up the goal of Universalisation of Secondary Education.
There are 89 UGHS in the District 63 UGHS were undertaken by the RMSA for construction of school building in different phases. The funds has already released to the EE RWD for civil work on the available land for school building.
RMSA also provides funds [at] Rs.8.12 lakhs to each UGHS (63 Nos) towards furniture grant to purchase science equipments, science lab furniture, library room furniture, Art and craft room furniture, computer room furniture for additional class room at the school level.
RMSA also provides Annual School grant [at] Rs.50 thousand to each Govt. schools for utilization as per the guideline.
There are 07 OAVs functioning in the seven Blocks of this District.
The students of class VI to X are eligible to get the inspire award provided they must have knowledge of Science Projects and Science Activities. In the five years plan 2012 to 2017 every school registered their schools authority by using www.inspire.dst.in. Every school had got two inspire awards [at] Rs.5000/-. These awards has been pontificating in DLEPC and 10% of the participants in DLEPC were selected for SLEPC in every year 627 awardees were awarded Rs.5000/- in shape of account payee cheque by the DST during the five year plan 2012- to 2017.
Incentives to Girls
The SC and ST girls students who joined class IX and attending less than 16 years by 31st March of the Academic year are eligible for the scheme. After passing class X and attending age of 18 years she will be awarded Rs.3000/- which was already deposit to her account No through e-transfer. The HM of Govt. High School has been given the proposal in every year.7. High school result
Please click on the below link for more detail
NLM (National Literacy Mission authority of India was setup by the GOI in the year 1988 to address the issues of Adult illiteracy.
NLM from time to time launch innovative programme to ameliorate illiteracy form the country. Despite plethora of programme we still have to go long way in removing illiteracy especially female illiteracy from our country. Increase the female literacy is expected to become a force multiplier for all said development programme.
This has led NLM to initiate the Saakshar Bharat programme to be implemented in those districts, where female literacy percentage was below50% to buildup a literacy society. To engage youths in Nation building, establish a human communication net work starting from National Capital to reach every village, create achieve knowledge society and reap demo graphic divided.
- Frame work
- Identification of Non-literate, through survey and imparting 300hours that spread over 3 months or beyond depending on local condition, followed by another 100hours of guided learning for another 3 months to enable them to learn and acquire equivalent to Standard.IIIrd with award of a NIOS certificate consequentupon passing the Neo literate Basic Assessment conducted by the GIO twice in a year general in the month of March and August.
That out 30 District only 19 district are covered under SBP. Where female literacy is below 50% as per the 2001 Census. The literacy scenario them a matter of concern for all of us where in Tribal area many of village are completely illiterate it is well known to all about the consequence of illiteracy or ignorance and other parameter of economic development.
Out of 19 districts Gajapati is found to be placed in Sl.No. (6) as per 2011 Census.
(6) Gajapati. Male literacy 65.58%
Female literacy 43.59%
Total literacy 54.29%
The field level survey of our district has been completed and the information of Non literate of age 15 years and above are detailed below.
Out of which during 7 assessments. The Non literate have appeared and passed the Standard IIIrd and eligible to get the NIOS certificate.
While the achievement of the programme is under programme the SBP in going to be closed on 31.03.2018 in anticipation of new programme at future to be launched by the Nitiayog in GOI.
Samagra Shikhya Abhiyan, Gajapati
Samagra Shikhya Abhiyan, Gajapati is flagship programme for achievement of Universalization of Elementary Education (UEE) in a time bound manner in India since 2001 in all 30 districts of Odisha. SSA is the principal vehicle for the implementation of the RTE Act in the state .The RTE Act, 2009 implemented in Odisha on 1st April, 2010. The Right to Children for Free & Compulsory Education Act 2009 introduced under Article 21-A in the Constitution of India by 86th amendment to the Constitution of India making free and compulsory Education to the Children of 6-14 years age group, a Fundamental Right. The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009, which represents the consequential legislation envisaged under Article 21-A, means that every child has a right to full time elementary education of satisfactory and equitable quality in a formal school which satisfies certain essential norms and standards. The RTE Act, 2009 passed by the Parliament in 2009 and came into effect in Odisha on April 01, 2010.
- Main features of The Right to Education Act, 2009
- Free and compulsory education to all children in the 6 to 14 age group in neighborhood school (One KM radius for Primary & Three KM radius for Upper Primary)
- No Child shall be denied for admission of for lack of age proof/Transfer Certificate/Late admission.
- Age appropriate class admission of Out of School Children.
- Barrier free environment for children with speed need.
- No corporal punishment, mental harassment in the premises of school & all schools are are declared as discrimination zone.
- Formation of School management Committee to monitor maintenance of school, preparation of school
- No entry fee/no capitation fee for admission into school.
- Provides for 25 percent reservation for economically & socially disadvantaged communities in admission to entry class one/pre-primary class in all private un-aided non-minority schools.
- No teacher shall be engaged in any non-teaching activity rather than Census, Natural calamities and Election.
- Registration of complaints before local authority, SCPCR and through school student helpline(18003456722) for any violation of RCPCE Act, 2009.
Names of Important Staff
Supreme Authority of the Office Sri Pradosh Kumar Nayak, OES-I
District Education Officer,
Office Number:- (06815)222646
Mob. No.:- 9439390547
PIOs Sri.G. Lingaraju, Accountant
Address of the Office Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan
Off. Tel. No.:-(06815)222646
Grievance Redressal and School Students Helpline
There is a state level Grievance Redressal Cell and its toll-free Helpline no. is 18003456722. It is for redressal of grievances related to school, students and education. The Cell is actively engaged in hearing, enquiry, follow-up and redressal of cases from students, parents and teachers. All schools have displayed this number on their walls and the students and parents have benefitted from the prompt action taken on their calls. Every Monday is also grievance hearing day of DPC, Gajapati.
Address of Head of the Office:
District Education Office